Explore, learn, and grow at Hiram House Camp!
Register today for an amazing 2021 Summer Camp Near You.
Spaces fill up fast!
Our Summer Camps for Kids offer a chance to meet new friends and make memories to last a lifetime. All Hiram House Camps are accredited by the American Camp Association for maintaining quality programs, site, personnel and administrative practices. A fully equipped nurses’ station and a 24-hour medical staff help to ensure that all needs are met.
Hiram House Camp COVID-19 Protocols.
Click on the links below for more information. This section will be updated regularly.
Overnight Camp COVID Guidelines
Overnight Camp Guidelines 2021 (Updated 3/35/21)
If Your Camper is Sick or has Covid-19
- If your camper arrives at camp with a fever of 100 degrees or higher they will be asked to return home.
- Once the fever has been controlled for over 24 hours without medication, the camper is able to return to camp, unless there are additional symptoms.
- If your child has been diagnosed with Covid-19, we ask that the child stay home and follow all CDC and your doctors guidelines about when to return to activities.
- If your child has had CLOSE CONTACT with someone infected with Covid-19, we ask that they stay home and quarantine for at least 14 days.
- If a camper becomes ill while at camp, Hiram House will inform all families that there has been a positive case at camp.
Parents who need to go to the office, we ask that you drop off your camper(s) first and then park in the main lot and come to the office. The office will be one person at a time and please follow social distancing while waiting in line. Hand sanitizer will be available inside. We ask that you wear a mask while inside the office. To alleviate office traffic you can call and place money on your campers Camp Store account at anytime. (216) 831-5045
The office is also open Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm to drop off any forms prior to the start of camp.
Day/Jr. Day Camp Drop Off & Pick Up
Morning Drop Off/Pick Up (Day Camp)
- Drop off and Pick Up will be down in camp, you will be directed by staff. We will not have drop off/pick up at the main parking lot this year.
- When you arrive at camp each morning all campers will have their temperatures taken and staff will review a symptom list with parents.
- Please stay in your cars and have your camper roll their window down halfway. All individuals in the car must wear a mask.
- Campers will be asked to go directly to their group in their assigned location.
- If possible, people aged 60+ or those with serious underlying medical conditions should not drop off/pick up children, because they are more at risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
- Late arrival and early pick up, campers can be dropped off at the office. They will be screened in the office before the parent/guardian leaves. All campers must wear a mask while waiting in the office for their counselor.
Face Masks will be required at all times except the following areas:
- Meal Time
- High Ropes/Climbing Wall
- Bed Time
**Please note: if guidance from the state changes at anytime this summer regarding the state’s mandated face mask policy we will make any necessary changes.
Daily Camper Activities (Day Camp)
- Camp groups will be no more than 8 campers to 1 counselor.
- Groups will share a “hub” space with one other group for personal belongings and restrooms. This area will also be used for rainy day/indoor activities.
- Please send your camper with their lunch, swim suit, towel, sunscreen and bug spray EVERY DAY.
- Please send LONG PANTS and CLOSED TOE SHOES with your camper daily for Horseback Riding. We will NOT have clothing items available this year for sharing, If your child forgets these items they will NOT be able to ride. These items can be kept at camp in their cubby for the duration of their session.
- Campers will be allowed to bring their own horseback riding helmets from home. Our Ranch Manager will inspect for safety upon each use. Bike helmets are NOT allowed.
- Cookouts will be held this year in small groups. Your campers counselor will let you know what day/week your camper will be having their cookout day.
Day Camp Overnights (Please Read)
- At this time we are planning on running our day camp overnights. If there is a change to this programming we will inform parents in a timely manner.
- This year we will NOT be allowing tents for overnights. We are unable to social distance campers in such small spaces. We will be utilizing our camp grounds for the overnights such as our fort, pavilions, cabins, fire station and the great outdoors for their overnight experience. We hope you understand our policy change. It is for the safety of our campers that we have made this decision.
Cleaning and Disinfecting (Our Commitment To You)
- Hiram House will be following all CDC and American Camp Association guidelines for cleaning and disinfection.
- Daily activities such as archery, horseback riding, etc. will be cleaned after each group.
- Bathrooms and facilities will be cleaned multiple times throughout the day.
- Hand washing will occur throughout the day as needed.
- High touch surfaces will be cleaned multiple times throughout the day.
- All Camp Staff will be trained on cleaning and disinfection as well as a general Covid-19 guidelines.