Counselor in Training Program (CIT)
Our Counselor-in-Training Program is designed to offer qualified young people an opportunity to prepare for positions as camp counselors or recreation leaders. Emphasis is placed upon developing leadership skills, working on small group dynamics, teamwork, communication and program skills. This program is intended for youth who wish to continue their experience at Hiram House as a Counselor in Training. CITs will help to organize games and activities with campers and assist the day camp counselors with daily responsibilities. The CIT program will give youth real world job training and an opportunity to receive volunteer hours for school. Each participant will be evaluated at the end of the program. A letter of participation will also be sent to their school. The CIT program will run from June 8, 2020 – July 10, 2020.
Please note: CIT’s will not be able to participate in the day camp overnights.
- The CIT Program is for any former camper, ages 14-17, who has completed at least 3 camp summers at Hiram House Camp.
- Participation in the CIT program is by selection only. Interested applicants will need to complete an application form, submit multiple references and attend an interview.
- If selected, all CIT’s will be fingerprinted and background checked.
- Applicants must possess a genuine interest in recreational youth development and in working with campers ages 5-12.
- CITs must be willing to commit the required energy, enthusiasm, and positive attitude to all aspects of the training program.
How to Apply:
- CIT Application (2020) must be filled out and returned to Hiram House or e-mailed to Konner Lashley at email@example.com
- Submit 3 references Reference Form (CIT)
- Complete an essay portion, which you can find here. CIT Essay Application
Application Deadline: May 1st, 2020
Mandatory Training for Applicants: Pre-Camp Training will be held Tuesday, June 2nd thru Friday, June 5th, 8:30am-5:00pm. Lunch is included. If participant is still in school, our Program Director will work with the applicant for training availability.
COST: $1,200 for 5 weeks. A participant MUST be able to attend all 5 weeks of day camp (Session 1-3).